Sunday, September 21, 2008

40 Days for Life

In light of the current upcoming elections, I've become a cable junkie, watching TV a lot, trying to sort out what is and isn't true about the candidates. I never really cared for politics, but as I've gotten older, it's becoming more pertinent. But with the political ads and campainging becoming increasingly negative, derogatory, vindictive and spiteful, I'm wishing this whole election cycle to be done. However, I know a lot is at stake...and it just chills my spine to think that a man who believes it's OK to let a live baby die after a "botched" abortion could be the next man running the country.

So I was pleased that our pastor took the time to make a notation this morning of the 40 Days for Life Campaign...a campaign with a much more postive atmosphere...that has major implications for this political cycle. I went online to do a little research and thought, "I can do that" and have enlisted...now to establish a strategy!! I invite you to do the same. Visit:

http://www.40daysforlife.com/location.cfm



Some thougths:

"Give me one million families praying the Rosary and the world is saved.”

Blessed Pope Pius IX

“If you desire peace in your hearts, in your homes, in your country, assemble every evening to recite the Rosary.”

Blessed Pope Pius IX

“It will not then seem too much to say that … in families … in which the Rosary of Mary retains its ancient honor, the loss of faith through error and vicious ignorance need not be feared.”

Pope Leo XIII

“The Rosary is the most beautiful and the most rich in graces of all prayers, it is the prayer that touches most the Heart of the Mother of God … and if you wish peace to reign in your homes, recite the family Rosary.”

Pope Saint Pius X

“There is no surer means of calling down God’s blessings upon the family … than the daily recitation of the Rosary.”

Pope Pius XII

“It is important not to lose this precious practice. We must return to family prayer, using the Rosary.”

Pope John Paul II

No comments: